Encaustic Paintings

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Buon Anno! Happy New Year!

"I  am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with my whole heart!" ~ Van Gogh



As  we begin the new year, I find myself sorting, organizing and cleaning my studio.  This process allows me to put in order, make sense, review, envision, compile, release and play with what is available to me creatively.  I have such abundance available to my creative self, as an art facilitator I have an abundance of supplies, gadgets, art materials, papers and paints for people to experiment, explore and play with creatively.  So this is my legacy for others and my inner child.  


Yesterday I dropped  a box of wonderful collage images, and since they were all disheveled and bent after falling and being picked up, I began to sort them according to color themes.  Several years ago I was gifted by an ex student, who was a collage artist, Gloria Zuppa,  of all her collage materials, since she was experiencing health difficulties that made her decide to let go of  her collage supplies.  She thought that I would be the one person who could share these wonderful images with many other people. Whenever I go through the images I am dumbfounded, struck by the wealth of imagery she gifted me, and hence others with.  The patience, time and care that went into cutting and choosing them, is mind boggling.  So this is a heartfelt thanks to Gloria, and her creative gift.


“I will not be just a tourist in the world of images, just watching images passing by which I cannot live in, make love to, possess as permanent sources of joy and ecstasy.”
Anais Nin



My inner child delights in the gift as well, as I continue to use many of the images in my own artmaking.  What a delight.  




So today, I have invited a few of my women friends over to spend the afternoon making art around the new year...to play, experiment, setting intentions, work on something in process or just visit.  I get to share my art supplies, spend time with my friends, as well as do art in community.  All of these things delight and nurture my inner child, which is one of my intentions for the new year.

May all your days be filled with joy and nurturance!
Happy New Year!
Buon Anno!




"The source and center 
of all man's creative power. . 
. is his power of making images, 
or the power of imagination.”
Albert Camus



5 comments:

Ultimate internet store said...

Amazing blog.
I think you should visit my one. I have some good paintings from Peris i want to share them with you.
I don't know how to draw paintings but i tried my self to draw drawing.
Help me to complete them.
Thank you

barbarasaintjacques said...

Thank you for sharing. Love the collage images, and your blog. Happy New Year.

Caterina Martinico said...

Thank you both...Happy New Year...just keep drawing and let what wants to come through come through, your art will develop over time and come into its unique fullness.

TOMAS said...

Thank you for the miracle. While viewing your blog, I was healed literally. Your pictures and words uplifted my heart and taught to listen at the colors more attentively. I had just fabulous time here. Your blog helped me to raise hight above my personal problems and thus while viewing you I rediscovered myself - experienced the healing power of the art. Thank you.
Grateful http://arthiker.wordpress.com/

Caterina Martinico said...

Tomas, what an incredible comment. I often wonder about this process of blogging and if people connect with what I have to say. Thank you for your clarity of response. These words and images are for naught and don't just fly off the edge of cyberspace, but touch move and are heard by real living and breathing people. Many blessings on your journey.