Encaustic Paintings

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Enamored with Encaustics....















I have finally found time to get back into my studio...
and am ready to do some encaustic painting.......
finally!!

Inspired by a photo of malta ....however, I left that behind and the piece

became something else again...
This encaustic is not finished, still in process.

It needs something more...as well as some carving...///

I am documenting every step in the process of this one piece
so the following are photos of each step...(almost)...so that is what follows..

The first images are my stopping place for the day....more to come... more possibilites ...still not complete.






HOT PLATE...with melting encaustic medium...










FUSING THE WAX WITH HOT AIR GUN..a grey under coat








ADDING COLLAGE IMAGERY...





MORE FUSING....






HOT PALLETTE with paints melting




ENCAUSTIC PAINTS.....what lovely brilliant color...

No comments: