Encaustic Paintings

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Color Wheel Mandala - Flowering Colors

So, along with backing my newest SoulCollage® cards, framing for this Friday's Sacred Circle Mandala show, and life, I have slowly but surely working on my newest mandala.


I began this one at our last mandala workshop.   Something about working on a color wheel mandala is soothing and invigorating at the same time.  I love have a repetitive pattern to work within.  Making patterns gives me feelings of safety and comfort, without worrying or considering where or what to do next.  And blending colors, softly letting the pencil circle around and around, watching new and vibrant shades emerge, fills me with energy.

So during a busy time, I still was able to carve bits of time in my late afternoons and early evenings brining to life another mandala.  I love how this process fits so well into my life, and shifts how I feel.  It's meditative quality stops the world and lets me dive into the moment.
My  newest mandala.  Enjoy.

No comments: