Encaustic Paintings

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Encaustic Dreamscapes

The Encaustic Dreamscape day was very intriguing, everyone not only got totally into the process of working in encaustic, but also gained insight and joy from the pieces they created.  As is the case with all art making, the art gave us information  that was revealing, sometimes unexpected and filled with hope.

I enjoyed incorporating guided imagery, free writing and intention setting into the encaustic experience.  I am sure I will do this again in the future.

Here are some photos from the class.

This is my dreamscape, incorporating photo transfer, collage and oil pastels drawn directly onto the substrate board.  It is in process, but made me aware of where my personal focus for change is meant to be.
Creating a new home...
Here is Patti sharing her dreamscape piece
Buddha
Ani's icon.....
Finding, embracing and loving the authentic self
Paula sharing the story behind her piece 
The Portal
Here is Victoria sharing about her Dreamscape Portal....
....in process.....
Patti's vision board....to help manifest the perfect new home....in process

....The beginning place for Paula's Dreamscape
and   Fusing, of course......

1 comment:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Thanks for sharing the pics of the process! I have never worked in encaustic but am intrigued.