Encaustic Paintings

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Photos from Encaustic Workshop

This past weekends Encaustic Workshop, was invigorating, stimulating and totally engaging.  Everyone who participated was excited and had a great time.  I found the time just flying by as we explored texture, transparency and mixed media on the first day of the class.   

On the 2nd day our focus was continuing to explore personal themes, while adding photo transfer to our pieces.  
I loved witnessing everyones process and emerging art, as well as how each person developed in moving through the learning curve of the media, and finding their own ways to express themselves. 
I took alot of process photos as well as the images themselves and decided to post as many as possible, to show the range of expression that came through.  

I will add more to a later post, so as not to overwhelm with images.   The color, texture, freedom and variety were a joy to see.
It rained all day on Sunday and it was so cozy and enveloping in the studio, as well did art for hours on end.   How I love to do art with others, what a gift of joy.  
Everyone enjoyed themselves so much that we set another day to do studio work in encaustics
in April.   
I feel so blessed to have found my way to sharing this process with others as part of my life work and art.

I will post more images soon. ....

3 comments:

Cyndee Greene said...

Someday I will make it to one of your encaustic workshops. These are fun!

Caterina Martinico said...

Defintely, It would be great to have you come some time. Keep checking the blog and I will have info on the dates of the next Encaustic Days that I do in April. Have you ever done encaustic work before?

Caterina Martinico said...

Defintely, It would be great to have you come some time. Keep checking the blog and I will have info on the dates of the next Encaustic Days that I do in April. Have you ever done encaustic work before?