Encaustic Paintings

Monday, June 30, 2008

Evolution of a Mandala - Summer Solstice- Universal Shapes

I have been slowly, but surely working on the mandala that I began at the Summer Solstice Mandala Retreat Day.  I am almost complete, but not quite.  I am just waiting for inspiration to know where to go next to bring it to completion.

Here is its evolution.   
By the way the shapes I chose were the triangle, spiral and equal distant cross...
This is the initial drawing of white on black...finding my way....


This is far as I have gotten.  The summer feel comes through strongly.   It feels like it needs something more...but what....I will wait until I get a sense of direction before I add anything else.  

Happy Summer!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this mandala and it looks very summery!

marianne said...

Hi Catarina!
Beautiful summer mandala!. Nice to see it evolves!
Greetings Marianne

The Bunny Maker said...

beautiful - and i've just realised that I have one of your pieces hearted on etsy!

marianne said...

An award is waiting for you on my blog!
Love >M<