Encaustic Paintings

Monday, April 7, 2008

Working in my Studio..My plate it full...

I have been working in my studio in between all my other commitments and life...getting ready for doing the Art At the Source Open Studio the first two weekends in June.   This image is something I am striving for in my work, both texture and luminosity. However I often get lost in detail and love to carve out and dig into the wax.  Although I strive for simplicity it rarely happens.   

My plate is  full.  I am getting ready to go to Sun Valley Idaho, with Patricia, my friend and business partner in the Creative Arts Studio.  We are facilitating two workshops on Creativity at the Idaho State Prevention Conference.  We have over 115 people signed up for our Free the Creative Spirit workshop and 77 in the Bringing the Mandala into The Classroom session.  That many people in an art workshop is a bit overwhelming...but it will be exciting as well.  It has been a long time since I have been in the snow.   I plan on taking photos and posting them when I return.   

No comments: